DUE via TurnItIn.com: NAVY ONLY February 10
See instructions here.
50 points, based on content, clarity and conventions. Proofread!!
Focus on capitalization.
How are you? [A]
I’m writing to update you on my progress in English class. My current grade is [B]. [C] I have [D] missing assignments, but I have a plan to make them up. I’m going to [E].
In English this week, we continued reading To Kill a Mockingbird. [F] There is so much reading, but I know this is a good habit to get into. In addition, we are annotating certain passages. [G] [H]
In terms of upcoming assignments, we will have a lot of reading to do during the month of February. We read, on average, 35 pages every two days. My plan to keep up with my reading and annotating is [J]. I could use your help to [K].
Also, don’t forget that Parent Teacher Conferences are next Thursday, February 17, starting at 4pm. Ms. Bender said she would enjoy seeing you there and telling you what a great kid I am!
Overall, I am feeling [L] about English. [M]
INFORMATION TO FILL IN:
- think about what’s happening in your parent(s)’ life and insert a personal note (about the weekend, about their job, etc)-A.
- your current grade-B.
- how you feel about your grade-C.
- number of missing assignments-D.
- if you have missing assignments, what is your plan to make them up?-E
- summary of TKAM Part One, who, what, when, where, why-F.
- what annotating is (think about the skills) and why it’s important-G.
- thoughts about reading the book, the story itself or the time period-H.
- your plan for keeping up with reading and annotating-J.
- how a parent could help you keep up with your homework-K
- how you are feeling about English-L.
- an example of why you feel the way you do about English (evidence)-M.