DUE via TurnItIn.com: CARDINAL ONLY February 13
See instructions here.
50 points, based on content, clarity and conventions. Proofread!!
Focus on capitalization.
How are you? [A]
I know we usually write progress emails on Fridays, but Ms. Bender wanted us to remind our parents that Parent Teacher Conferences are this Thursday, February 16, starting at 4pm in the Auxiliary Gym. She looks forward to seeing you and telling you what a joy it is to have me in class. If you have any questions, you can email her at Aerin.Bender@jeffco.k12.co.us.
In English, My current grade is [B]. [C] I have [D] missing assignments, but I have a plan to make them up. I’m going to [E].
We are continuing reading To Kill a Mockingbird. [F] There is so much reading, but I know that figuring out a reading schedule and sticking to it will help me next year. Also, our annotation assignments have changed. [G] [H]
We still have a lot of reading to do, but we're halfway through the novel. My plan to keep up with my reading and annotating is [J].
Although I feel [K] about English, something I like about class this semester is [L].
INFORMATION TO FILL IN:
- think about what’s happening in your parent(s)’ life and insert a personal note (about the weekend, about their job, etc)-A.
- your current grade-B.
- how you feel about your grade-C.
- number of missing assignments-D.
- if you have missing assignments, what is your plan to make them up?-E.
- summary of TKAM so far, who, what, when, where, why-F.
- how the annotating for Part Two is different than annotating for Part One-G.
- thoughts about reading the book, the story itself or the time period-H.
- your plan for keeping up with reading and annotating-J.
- how you are feeling about English-K.
- any part of English class that you enjoy-L.