TASK: Identify at least 3 lines of poetry that elicit a precise emotion.
1. Identify/find lines
2. Copy lines
3. Explain why/how you connect to that emotion. Be specific!
TASK: Prepare a poem for the study of "Dead Poet's Society."
1. Skim read/annotate observations.
for instance, what do you notice? About the form, or structure? The language? What words jump out at you?
2. Discuss observations with group.
3. Look up words and references you don't know. (Divide the labor! Work together!)
4. Find at least one concrete picture and draw it.
5. Summarize the poem (it is okay to use an internet resource to accomplish this.)
6. As a group, choose the main emotion reflected in the poem.
7. Choose a modern song that reflects that same emotion.
OBJECTIVE: Students will be able to effectively annotate for meaning.
WARM-UP: Find the 1920s/1930s paragraph you wrote in your Writer's Notebook and type it into the Hyperdoc
OBJECTIVE: Students will be able to compare and contrast the concept of "The American Dream" from the 1920s to 1930s.
WARM-UP: Membean - 15 min