- Choose one of the examples from this list.
- Identify the Gatsby allusion.
- Discuss what the Gatsby allusion could mean in any situation.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for a second example.
You do not need to comment on anyone else's post!
- The first example of the green light in Fault in Our Stars.
- the green light at the end of Daisy's dock
- Any time the allusion to that green light is used, the association is with the American Dream. The green light was the representation to Jay Gatsby of achieving wealth and fame. As a normal boy from a poor family, Gatsby had to work his way to the point of being wealthy. However, he felt he wouldn't achieve his dream until he had Daisy, who came from an established family. If he accepted her, all of her social peers would, as well. When used as an allusion, the green light represents any kind of youthful dream for a better life.