- What are the most important events of Chs 1 and 2?
- What are the main ideas of Chs 1 and 2?
- Where are the "clues" in Chapters 1 and 2 that Tom is cheating on Daisy?
- I would like to know more about Daisy because she was in the book for a little in Chapter 1.
- Why is the American Dream such a bad thing?
- What does everyone see in Daisy to devote their life to win her heart?
- Why did Nick Carraway move to the East Coast?
- Is the ash valley a real place in New York?
- Why does Daisy seem to act like a fool and acts like she doesn't know much when she does?
- Who is Jordan and why is she at the Buchanans' house in the beginning?
- What does the color yellow mean in the book?
- When Nick was over at Tom's for dinner with Daisy why was that other girl there?
- What does the green light represent?
- How does Daisy change?
- Is Mrs. Wilson and Myrtle the same person?
- Who are all of the people Nick and Tom and the other women were hanging out with?
- Why did Daisy leave Gatsby?
- Why does the writer always talk about Gatsby, but never give a full description?
- What is Gatsby and Jordan's conversation about? Do they tell us?
- Are the McKees relevant to the story? I don't really know who they are.
- Why do they call it the East and West Egg?
WHAT TO DO